Monday, April 21, 2008

April 17th 2008 ,
Day started with me waking up around 5am (with no alarm)
Dressed in light green/buleish suit with off white churidar and dupatta.I reached UPSC by 8.30am. The entry gate opened at sharp 9.
Bckgd- BIT( bachelor of information technology, DU)
hobbies listening music, walking


I being the first one, was eagerly waiting for my board name. A man came at 10.15pm & informed us the Board is Mr K K Paul , ' abhi maine react hi nahi kiya tha, ki he asked me to accompany him'
Room No. 25 I waited for a min and half outside the room and then was asked to go in.
I entered with a Smile and wished all d members good morning.
The Chairman asked me to sit. I first pushed d chair from back n then sat on it. [for little smile i'll show :) ]
first quest kk[:) ] - so mansi u passed in 2004, very determined to become civil servant :)
me- yes sir :)
KK- Mansi, y have u done BIT?
Me- sir, because i got selected in it :)
2-3 members laughed..
kk-tell me about kashmir? [ not in clear way]
me- pardon sir
one member repeated the quetion for me
me- sir, at the time of partition maharja of kashmir gave us d rights , on specific issues and it became part of india.
kk- maharaja has given us rights, so why there is problem?
me- sir because pakistan also wants it.
kk- asked whats POK,
how pak occupied it?
did they defeated indian army and occuped it?
when was war fought?
me- (vagouely) answered..........
bt i said dont knw to most, wid little smile.

kk- ok what do u know about south india, form where it starts.
me- sir, it starts from andhra pradesh, told all south indian state.
kk- tell me d official language of all d states.
me - i told.
kk- there's one UT also in south india, in arabian sea.
me-lakshwadeep
kk-whats its official language?
me- thought for 2-3 seconds.. smiled n said m not able to recall.

kk- y pondicherry is a UT?
me- sir because it was a french colony.
kk- any other reason?
me- i dnt knw :)

KK- give me the names of North eastern states
me- i told.. of 6
kk- how many r these?
one of membr said, i counted , they are 6
kk- one more left
me- aftr a sec, gave that also.

kk- whats the difference between properitored software and open source s/w
me- i told that.
kk- give me an example of prp s/w
me- sir, example- Ms windows
kk- (asked 2 ques relating to it)
me- sir i have'nt used these(s/w), i dnt knw :)
kk- explained me those.
me- :) ok sir.

passes to other membr
M1-what is forex?
SDR?
who manage finance of a country?
what if a currency of another country becomes legal tender in india?
me- answred all, bt answered last question vagouely.

M1-y u read newspaper?
me- answered...


M2-hobbies
listening music? which kind of music? which era? u listen alone?
walkin? how many km? (i said its plain walk, not brisk walk)
for how long u walk? [i said for 20-25 mins]
y u have such a hobby?
i said- sir i walk and observe the surrounding..observe the life of people!
what u observe? u peep in others house?
me- smiled n said, no sir..where i live, used to be a village, so people are not locked in their houses,they are generally out of their home in evening.
i observe, the life, world moves on, it doesn't stop for anyone.
sir when a rich child falls, he'll also cry, when a poor child falls he also cries, at the end of the day we are human being. it hurts when it pains.
M2- so u r a philosopher
me-- :) no sir
M2- u sound like one, u are..
me-sir may be i am, but i haven't acknowledged it my self.
M2- u walk alone?
me- yes sir.
M2- u walk alone, u listen music alone..that means u are a loner!
me- :) no sir, not evry1 is interested in having just a plain walk, also not evry1 would like to listen d same songs i would like to hear.


M2- tell us some current issues?
me- agriculture, inflation...explained each.
M2- tell me current social developments?
me-..thought for 2-3seconds..said various issue like women empowerment..
M2- its an old issue give us some current?
me- (nothing was coming in my mind) smiled n said not able to recall..



M3- askd on y hoarding?
whats d problem..
tried to argue wid me..hoarding is good..
Me- for evrything i smiled and explained hoarding is bad( dint get into a argument)

M4- what is friction..give examples? (dint defined it properly, tho' gave examples)
why are electric gadgets called gadgets? not electric equipments?(answered vagouely)
size of an avg pen drive? CD?
me- answerd..

M4 looked at chairman, n he said ur interview is over, i smiled and thanked all..n got up.


while walking back i was thinking it was very bad..i thought max 15mins ka hua hoga..
i came out and asked d guy, who was next(earlier,i asked him to note the time i get in and get out) i asked how long it lasted, he said 40 mins..i said what jus 14mins..oh no!! he said no its four zero, forty..i took a sigh!


well the board was very cordial, asked simple questions..things whichever i couldn't answered, were my faults..my knowledge horizon needs to b widen up.
through out the interview i was confident,smiling, and honest in saying 'i dont know' ( whether it was when was war between india & pak fought)


now waiting for results!!
God bless me :)





4 comments:

Varun Singla said...

gud job mansi...
u'l surely get thru... my prayers r wid u...

vinod ghial said...

it made a nice reading mansi...
i wish, i do get same kinda intrvw ....:)
mine is on 1st may...

Unknown said...

All the best :-)

It will be definitely +ve.

//jadu, assam

bent mind said...

hope u make it gurl..!! :)